Tuesday 26 May 2015

I did it again..

I am literally the world's worst blogger. I did it again. I let you down and I let myself down. I said 'Yes, this time my blog will be successful and consistent' but it wasn't.

See a lot has happened to me this past year so I guess that's why I gave up writing. I started university, I broke up with Dexter's dad and I got a year older.

The hardest part I guess was becoming a single mum. I was sick of living with my dominating, miserable and downright ignorant 'partner'. Don't get me wrong, he is a wonderful father and I wouldn't ever remove my son from his Dad without a good reason but it really had to end. As you may know from reading my previous blogs, I am an anxious person and it just took me a little while to realise my relationship was one of the main causes for my heartache. I didn't know where I stood, I felt lonely and unsupported which caused me to struggle with exhaustion each day, which in turn piled on top of me. Anxiety and extreme fatigue are not a great combination.

And now it's over and has been for a long time I feel okay. I now know I don't need to defend this man to anyone anymore because he is none of my business. I will always love and care for him as the father of my child but there will never be anymore to it than that now. He doesn't treat me or anyone else with the respect I deserve and this is why I guess I am ranting. You should never be made to feel less than what you are. Be it by a boyfriend or anyone else. I felt like a faliure who had broken a family, when in fact what I have done is put myself first for once. My son is happy and that is all that matters. He no longer has to listen to his parents row and he still gets to see both of us on neutral ground - I mean I have always pretty much been a single mum anyway.

This blog post is a bit sporadic and I am sorry about that. I'm blabbering to my keyboard as I have so many things I could say - but for now I will leave you with this. This is my summer for writing and blogging and I hope I have something interesting to tell you over the next few months. I will try hard not to fail again.

Sorry x

No comments:

Post a Comment